.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Hills Are Alive

This is going to be whatever....Blogging about anything and everything.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California

Read my blogs and eventually you'll know as much about me as I know about me, and probably more!

Friday, October 07, 2005

So it's still October 7th, but just barely. Only a few more hours till the 8th and my dear friend Hazel's Birthday. (God, I hope I remember to call her in 'The Big Apple' to wish her the BEST OF DAYS, on her special day...)
Hay is a most unusual woman. I've known her since...let's see, 1968! Good Lord! How wonderful to have people in your life for so many years. She's a terrific actress, an incredible person, and, I value her, more than I can say. I'm not sure she knows that, but, I hope she does. She is/was a wonderful actress when I first met her and of course, she still is. And Jerry, her dear other half--- her wonderful sweet husband is also an actor, and, a very good one as well.
Hay is now also, a therapist...a Psycho - therapist...Go figure...but, in a way, it makes perfect sense...she has always cared about people and has always been an extremely empathetic person. So being a therapist makes great sense for her, and to me, too. God, I miss her; I miss her more than I can say...I truly wish she lived here in L.A. again-still; but, that is not in the cards. Hazel & Jerry are true New Yorkers, in every way. They love New York; they work in New York; and their lives are entwined in the New York sensabilty.(God, my spelling is soooo horribly inconsistant...I hope I spelled that correctly...!). So, living here again is never going to happen. Their lives are there, in N.Y.
The last thing I saw Hay in/on was a "Law & Order". Wow! Was she ever fabulous. It wasn't a big part, but everything she did was completely and utterly truthful. Great piece of acting, cause she was absolutely and completelty, the person she was playing, and not, not, not, Hay. That's the real trick in acting, isn't it? Make people forget who you are to them when you are not playing a part---be soooo real, that anyone who knows you in your heart, forgets that it's you playing this part. (Except, it's the heart that brings the truthfullness, you know? )
Anyway, tomorrow, (almost today where she is...) is her Birthday. Oh Hazel, my dear dear friend and sister, I wish you the happiest and healthiest of Birthdays, my dear dear. You are a unique special person and I'm eternally grateful that you came into my life and that you are my friend. I wish you all the very best, and more, too!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a little slow on the upload. But, I was lucky enough to see Lena Horne in her show on B'way when I lived in NYC. It's hard to put into words how incredible her performance was. The night before, I had seen DREAMGIRLS, and was disappointed in that I didn't connect with anybody on stage. It was sung well, but lacked heart and emotion. Well, I was bowled over when I saw Lena Horne. Every word, every breath, conveyed something. When the album was released, I went out and bought it. That's singing. That's performing.

2:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home