.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Hills Are Alive

This is going to be whatever....Blogging about anything and everything.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California

Read my blogs and eventually you'll know as much about me as I know about me, and probably more!

Saturday, October 15, 2005

The Incredible Shrinking Credits-A Rant!

Is anyone else disturbed by the continuing shrinking of credits on television? Pulled over to the side; reduced to almost a pin-head size these days….un-readability personified? When did all this begin to happen and how come none of the unions like SAG, seem to care!! And this circumstance coupled with the ‘ads’ that fly in and distract from the actual show we are trying to watch…(which, seem to be getting bigger and bigger, sometimes taking up one-quarter of the screen…)…I mean, does this disturb anyone besides me??

In the first case, in reducing the credits to this completely un-readable size shows such disdain for the creators and artists and Artisans who bring these shows to television and in turn, bring the ‘ratings’ to these networks, as well…..then there is more disdain as these horrible ads fly in and out, and distract from the show to the point sometimes of not being able to follow the story of what you thought you were watching because your concentration has been broken by the ‘coming attractions’….(I also resent, more than I can express, all the ‘previews’ one must endure on the DVD’S we have paid heavy duty money for….more greed, plain and simple!!!)

And the ‘Paid Programming’ one must also endure on the cable channels one pays extra to receive in the first place??

Oy Vey!!!

Greed. Fucking Greed!!!!

Plain and simple---unabashed, ‘we don’t give a shit about anything but making more money—Greed.

Well fuck you and the horse you road in on---Greeders!

Oh, I feel so much better now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YES, I can't bear what they do to credits these days. You'd think the unions would object. It's bad enough how they appear on new TV shows but what really kills me is when they recreate the credits on old movies shown on television on a side video scroll so that they can simultaneously blare the ad for some hideous new reality show. Which is one of the many reasons I never watch movies on broadcast television. Plus, they scroll them so fast you'd have to be a speed reader to even get the stars' names. Excuse me but aren't the credits actually PART of the film? David O. Selznick and countless others must be spinning in their graves.

11:33 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Inded, Danny, indeed!

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home