.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Hills Are Alive

This is going to be whatever....Blogging about anything and everything.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California

Read my blogs and eventually you'll know as much about me as I know about me, and probably more!

Friday, October 21, 2005


HAVE YOURSELF A MERRY LITTLE MANTRA

This is one of a number of Mantra's that I try to live by. The others may be revealed as I go along here, or not! This is the kind of photo that makes me laugh, but it also inspires me to be less fearful of saying what I really feel. Not an easy thing to do; Not easy at all, especially with family.....sometimes their wrath is hard to take, I tell you!

But, it is something for me to aspire to, nevertheless.)

Looking at this picture reminds me of what I need to do to not be fearful of expressing whatever it is I 'Feel'!!!.....If I knew how, I'd make this my profile photo....I really identify with that little doggie, a lot , and, actually the big one too, who, though he is big he looks painfully vulnerable and very sweet, doesn't he? About trying to post my so called 'profile picture'.....I have read the bloody directions over and over and OVER, and cannot understand one thing about how to do this......It is amazing to me that the 'directions' Rachel gave me in a comment regarding the posting of pictures to my blog, were easier to follow than anything that I've seen on this site, so far....Hey, Rachel, maybe you should be writing the directions, and maybe you can explain to me how to post a picture to my profile! (lol)....Except, I'm not kidding, Rachel!

I don't really have a lot more to say right now...my mind is racing with so many ideas of the things that I will eventually be able to post, when I finally get that scanner (or do I need two kinds of scanners???---OY!)and, if I can hopefully understand those directions, well.....I am getting ahead of myself. The thing is, I'm not a stupid woman. I certainly may be a little dense at times,....but not really stupid; at least I don't think so. And by choice, I guess, I pretty much live my life alone and so I have learned to do a lot of complex things by myself.....true, I have had really good teachers, too; people who 'talked me through' the how of HOW to do something in a way that I could follow and learn....and as I said in a previous post, I have 6 VCR's and know how to program all of them, etc.....anyway, I'm bored with myself and the 'directions' problem.

It will all work out, (Oh me, of little faith,) it will. It must! See, here's where the 'fear' comes in....well, like that little doggie said to that big doggie.....I say it to me, Fuck Me!

And I mean that in the nicest way......

Later.....

9 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Like I said, I am no good at this technology stuff. I learned how to do the pictures by reading the blogger help links that you will see on the right side (may have to scroll down some) of the page when you go to post. That might help you! I hope so!

5:54 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I hope so, too, but so far, I cannot seem to follow THEIR directions! (LOL) Thanks again.

11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great picture! Many times I find it hard to say what I feel, it is something I would have to work on because it is a positive way of living. But it is not easy. First time visiting, Michele sent me and I will be back to see if you have uploaded this picture for your profile. You have done the first step by publishing it, so it is in your files. Good luck.

11:57 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Thanks Mar...I may decide on somrthing else, but for now, I hope I can do it, too!

12:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello, michele sent me
re: michele's game; i am glad you are on top of me, my type of picture given my daily job

4:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE that picture! Where did you get it? Can I find it there, too??

7:20 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Here from Michele's.

Good advice -- as long as you don't become a snack for the big dog.

9:00 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Laura--I honestly do not remember where it came from...I had it in my pictures and I think it was sent to me in an e-mail...You can take it right from my blog. Right click the picture and then choose what you want to do; in this case I believe 'save'. Good Luck....And, love it too, as you can tell!

4:44 PM  
Blogger Chickie said...

love this photo!

5:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home